Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Who doesn't dream about visiting the Eiffel Tower? I will never forget my trip to the top of the tower. I've been to the top twice and been to Paris three times. There is just something magical about that city. Seeing that Tower sparkle at night will always bring back fond memories. One of my favorite memories was hanging out near the Tower and it started to snow! Kimberly Huynh's brother inspired her to learn more about this great Parisian Monument. I hope you find her information interesting and that you also plan to put Paris on your to see list! Mrs. Jordan

In Paris, France there is one of the most visited monuments in the world and that is, the Eiffel Tower. Travelers from all around the world take trips to Paris, known as the City of Lights because it is the most lit city in the entire world, and they always make a visit to check out the Eiffel Tower. My older brother, Peter Huynh, was one of the tourists among the city of Paris that had the special opportunity to take a visit to the historical monument of France. He had this opportunity from a summer program that provided him a chance to study abroad over in a country that had so much culture and history, Europe. The Eiffel Tower of Paris, France was built around 1889 by Gustave Eiffel. Gustave Eiffel was one of over seven hundred architecture proposals that had been entered into a design competition. The purpose of building the Eiffel Tower was originally because of the World’s Fair in tribute to the French Revolution. The Eiffel Tower was built with over 18,000 pieces of wrought iron into a latticework style. Also, originally it was meant to stand for only 20 years, which is why it was built with a slant for easy removal of the tower. The cost of this tower was enormous, but by the first year the cost of this construction project was paid off by all the travelers that visited there to go on the elevator and marvel the city at a high height. However after the 20 year mark, the tower became a popular tourist attraction and also proved to be a convenient and valuable communication tool for radio broadcasting. The Eiffel tower is also a national symbol for Paris, France.
Here is my older brother, next to the Eiffel Tower, and although he looks quite tall compared the towers’ size, It is only because he is actually standing very far away to create an allusion


Two Interesting Questions to Ponder:
1. How many workers do you think it took to build this magnificent tower?
2. What is the French Revolution, and why is it so important to be honored?

About the Blogger:
Hello! My name is Kimberly Huynh. I am 15 years old and currently in the 10th grade. My favorite animal is a panda. I have a passion for eating, a motive for success and a rush for running. I like to eat all kinds of cultural foods and try different things. I actually enjoy learning, because knowledge is power and power is the key to success. And since I eat a lot, I like to run a lot to balance out my health, I would like to try other sports but I just think running is easier because you don’t need to have skills, just pure practice. I also like to be busy, and I want to live my life to the fullest by making the most of my day. O I chose to write about the Eiffel tower because my brother inspired me by all the interesting stories he told me about each historical monument he visited when he went to Europe. The Eiffel Tower was also an interesting topic that I always wondered why was built and placed in France, and upon researching for this blog, I now understand the reasons. I plan to visit Europe someday and experience the beauty of each city and learn the facts behind each historical building I approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding to our topic.